Re: Writing a fingering chart for French Horn

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Writing a fingering chart for French Horn
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:44:53 +0200

Hi Tommaso,

2013/8/18 Tommaso Gordini <address@hidden>:
> Thank you, Thomas!

please always reply to all!

> Unfortunately, I get an error: it could be due to the version of LilyPond
> that I use (2.16.2)?

Yep.
My use of define-scheme-function within fingerChart doesn't work with
2.16.2 this way.

Try to replace it with:

fingerChart =
#(define-event-function (parser location arg)(string?)
#{
      \tweak #'text
    \markup
       \override #'(baseline-skip . 2)
       \finger
       \center-column {
        $(string-split arg #\+)
       }
    -""
#})

Btw, your approach seems to be inspired by
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-wind-instruments#fingerings
Seems we have no woodwind-diagram for French Horn
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/woodwind-diagrams
Though, you might be interested in this discussion:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Lilypond-Woodwind-Diagram-for-Bassoon-missing-half-hole-option-for-first-finger-td142777.html

HTH,
  Harm