Refrain Hymn Setting

From: Joshua Nichols
Subject: Refrain Hymn Setting
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 18:48:29 -0500

Here's the problem:

I would like to format for a refrain at the beginning of a hymn.

I'm unsure of the manuals (both snippet and notation) when it comes to this, because it doesn't show 4 part harmony (independent voices) in the examples. I'm not sure what to do.

Here's the parsing error message:
126:50: error: unknown escaped string: `\verse'

\new Voice = "soprano" { \voiceOne \refrain

\verse }

C:/Documents and Settings/josh/Desktop/Men Rest U Souls.ly:126:50: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING

\new Voice = "soprano" { \voiceOne \refrain

\verse }

C:/Documents and Settings/josh/Desktop/Men Rest U Souls.ly:124:2: error: errors found, ignoring music _expression_

\new ChoirStaff <<

fatal error: failed files: "C:/Documents and Settings/josh/Desktop/Men Rest U Souls.ly"

Exited with return code 1.

and attached is the full file.

How would I setup a hymn to include a refrain in the beginning?

Sincerely,

Josh