Re: Stanza is displaying at bottom of score

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Stanza is displaying at bottom of score
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:36:46 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jethro Van Thuyne" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 2:25 PM
Subject: Stanza is displaying at bottom of score

In the following minimal example, a repeated stanza is showing up
under the PianoStaff. Of course, I would need it to be under the
first stanza, above the PianoStaff. Am I missing some setting,
how can I fix this? Any help much appreciated :)

You need to adjust it like this:

\new Lyrics = "FirstVerse" \lyricsto "melody" {
Not re -- peat -- ed.
<<
{ The first time words. }
\new Lyrics \with { alignBelowContext = #"FirstVerse" } {
\set associatedVoice = "melody"
Sec -- ond time words.

This is in the NR, a little further on from the place you presumably got the first bit of code.

If you'd used different rhythms in the "piano" and voice, it would have given the clue that it was a placement issue, not relating to the note rhythms.

--
Phil Holmes