Re: Vertically centering lyrics between two staves?

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Vertically centering lyrics between two staves?
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:41:31 -0400

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Ted Walther <address@hidden> wrote:

Now, someone posted another alternative; I could mark the musical notes of the refrain as a separate voice, and tie the chorus lyrics to that.  Well and good; I wasn't aware that voices could be sequential.  After all, staves in a score can only be in parallel.  So, having done that, is there a way to tell the Lyrics attached to the chorus Voice that they should vertically center themselves?

Alternately, why not allow sequential staves in a score?  Especially if it began at the last barline of the previous score, instead of requiring a line-break.

This may be of help in your issue: http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=503

I don't deal with this in the template I posted because I virtually always insert a line break between verse and chorus, so it's a moot point for me. But perhaps the above snippet will be useful.

Cheers,
Carl

Ted