question about multiple parts

From: Dave Phillips
Subject: question about multiple parts
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 08:11:28 -0400

Greetings,

I'm writing another article about the state of music notation software on Linux, and I decided to score some of my older pieces as focus projects. I'm using the Frescobaldi program on Ubuntu 12.04, everything is going very nicely but I do have an important question.

I transcribed parts for a trio one by one, i.e. I scored the flute, bassoon, and guitar parts separately, and I'd now like to conjoin them into a single score. Is there a nice easy way to do that, maybe with something like #include files ? I'll be happy if someone can just point me in the right direction in the documentation (which I still find rather confusing, btw).

I also want to take a moment to thank everyone involved with LilyPond and its helpers. In my opinion LP is one of the finest projects in the free software world, an outstanding example of collaboration and contribution.

Best regards,

Dave Phillips