Re: [ANNOUNCE] Scale Matcher website built with LilyPond

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Scale Matcher website built with LilyPond
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:41:33 -0700

Adam:

Your page is fun to play with, and a handy reference.

Two comments, if I may:

There's a user interface glitch, and unfortunately right now I'm forced to
use Windows 7, but at least I have Firefox.

The "Root" dropdown box behaves very nicely: when I click on it,
it drops down, and when I release the click, it stays there.  I
can click again to make a selection, and my selection is
retained, and the dropdown box collapses.  The Root box also
works if I click once, drag to my choice, release to select, and
the box collapses to reveal my selection.

The "standard chord" box is not as well-behaved, at least with
Firefox on Win7.  This loaner laptop I have makes composing
messages of any length unbearable, so if you need details, I can
write later from a better computer.  The short form is that clicking
to open the chord dropdown works once, but when I release the click, the
box disappears before I can click again to select.  After that,
clicking on the dropdown has no effect until I click outside the beige
dotted area and then come back in to click again on the chord dropdown.

But it's still very clever, and fun to use.  One really cool feature I
would enjoy is to be able to download a PDF that lists the given chord
and the scales it found, to create a "practice" sheet from the
scales/modes that are identified for a given chord.

Thanks for contributing this!

Jim