Re: Intro and help with mp. cresc.

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Intro and help with mp. cresc.
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 20:56:11 -0500

Hello Alexander Wallace:

On 08/25/2013 05:27 PM, Alexander Wallace wrote:
I can't add a 'mp cresc.' label to my notes....

This is the pertinent section of the manual for this question:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/expressive-marks-attached-to-notes

But I have a question for you. Are you looking to create a text crescendo or a graphical "hairpin" crescendo?

\version "2.16.2"
\relative c'
{
% can't have mp cresc...
d4_\mp d\cresc e c
}
In this current example you need to terminate the \cresc. You could do so by doing:

\version "2.16.2"
\relative c' {
        d4_\mp d\cresc e c\f
}

Good work providing a small example! Do you have a small png image of what you are attempting to do? Small images and small snippets of LilyPond code greatly increase the chances that you will get exactly what you want from this user list.

Rachael