chopin example

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: chopin example
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:45:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

In the attached example "chopin-example.ly" (two bars from Chopin's Nocturne in C# minor) the horizontal spacing of some of the little notes is ugly. Watch for example in the first bar where the ottava jump starts.

How can I manually improve this?

P.S. I am typesetting a lesser known and lesser played, yet Chopin autograph, version of this Nocturne, with some interesting typesetting issues. For example at some point in the score I have to combine two 3/4 bars in the right hand with one 2/2 bar in the left hand. polymetric music from 1830!

I'll share the end results later.

--

MT