Re: chopin example

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: chopin example
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:27:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013, Thomas Scharkowski wrote:

Hi Martin,

this is very interesting!
Is it intentional, that the beginning is in 2/2, and after the 3/4 you
have 4/4?

I don't know , but this is what I copied from the Henle Urtext edition. It is strange because the complete piece starts as a 2/2 and when the main theme returns, after the 3/4 part, Chopin suddenly writes a 4/4. My guess is that this is not intentional, just Chopin's sloppy handwriting.

The other, better known, version of this Nocturne starts in 4/4 and ends in 4/4.

--

MT