Re: tempo markings and LilyJAZZ

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tempo markings and LilyJAZZ
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 16:17:13 +0200

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 27.08.2013 08:10, schrieb Marc Hohl:
>> Am 27.08.2013 01:53, schrieb Thomas Morley:
> [...]
>>>
>>> I see no easy way to change it.
>>> In the end it might be less effort to rewrite a (shortened)
>>> markup-command for use with LilyJAZZ.
>>
>> You're probably right here. I am just busy at the moment, but
>> as soon as time allows, I'll either try to write a suitable
>> note-by-number routine for LilyJAZZ or a simplified markup command.
>
> Ok, I had a little time.
>
> What I came up with is a simple markup command based loosely on some LSR
> snippets:
>
> ---
> \version "2.17.25"
>
> jazzTempoMarkup = #(define-scheme-function (parser location name music
> bpm) (string? ly:music? string?)
>   #{ \markup {
>        \line {
>          #name

Well, in such cases (only use is inside of \markup) it's usually a nicer
idea not to use a string? argument but rather a markup? argument.
Strings are permitted either way (unquoted words, quoted or Scheme
strings), but in this manner you can also use \markup ... for more
complex material.

--
David Kastrup