Re: tempo markings and LilyJAZZ

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tempo markings and LilyJAZZ
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 18:07:27 +0200

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, thanks! Now I can just write
>
> \mark\jazzTempoMarkup Blues c4. "60"
>
> which looks way neater than
>
> \mark\jazzTempoMarkup #"Blues" c4. #"60"
>
> (the numbers still have to be quoted).

Uh, you could have written that even before.  The difference is just
that you can write \mark\jazzTempoMarkup \markup ... now.

> But the main question still remains – what causes this ugly space when
> I use a dotted note?

Not having the Jazz fonts, I just outcommented all instances of \jazzOn
without resulting spacing problems.  That would seem to suggest either
bad metrics for the jazz dot, or some other settings made by \jazzOn
(like proportionalNotationDuration or whatever else).

--
David Kastrup