Re: Repeat bar line do not show in polymetric music

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Repeat bar line do not show in polymetric music
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 23:20:08 +0200

Hi to everybody,

I have found a solution one of my questions on this mailing list, so I thought it would be nice for me to share it here (in case someone might look for it one day). It concerns the lack of automatic repeat bar lines when using \repeat volta N {music} with the following snippet:

\layout {
    \context { \Score
        \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
    }
    \context { \Staff
        \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"

The solution is to move theĀ "Repeat_acknowledge_engraver" from the Score to the Staff context in the layout. Also, in order to have the last bar line appearing (\bar "|."), the "Timing_translator" should be also moved from the Score to the Staff context. Here is an example of a working code:

\version "2.17.24"
A =  {
  \time 2/4
  c'4 e' \repeat volta 2 {g' c''} e'' g'' \bar "|."
}

\score {

    \new Staff {
      \A