Re: cascading font selections?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: cascading font selections?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:16:30 -0700 (PDT)

Carl Smith wrote:
> So, if you embed a font, remove it from your system, then
> try to edit the PDF, it fails? I've never tried that.

That's not it either.  No one is editing PDF files.  Let's
say I write template.ly and make that available online.
Then lots of other people download template.ly and edit it
for themselves, changing the filename to my-song.ly and
adding their own notes or whatever.  Then they compile their
own .ly files on their own systems to create their own PDFs.

Now let's say I design the template to use a non-standard
font.  If the user doesn't have that font, then I want to
specify a cascading list of alternative font selections, so
that I still have some degree of control over how the output
looks on a variety of unknown systems.

- Mark