Getting xpdf point-and-click to go back to existing emacs window

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Getting xpdf point-and-click to go back to existing emacs window
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:57:21 +1000

I've been setting up emacs and xpdf for use with lilypond 17.25 on Ubuntu 13.04, using emacs 24.3, and the Debian install files for xpdf 3.03 and libpoppler19. Most things seem to be working - I have syntax highlighting, I can run Lilypond with C-c C-l, and C-c C-s opens the PDF output in xpdf. But when I click on a hyperlink in the PDF output, what happens is that a new emacs window opens with another copy of the ly source file and the cursor is positioned there. If I click on another hyperlink, yet another emacs window with yet another copy of the source opens...and so on.

What do I need to configure to get the hyperlink to go to the ly source file that I already have open in emacs? I followed the instructions at http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/usage/configuring-the-system-for-point-and-click to do the configuration for emacs and xpdf.

Nick