Strummed chord as straight line arpeggio

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Strummed chord as straight line arpeggio
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:02:12 +0200

Hello!

I'm a composer from Sweden who started using LilyPond about a year ago and recently subscribed to this mailing list.

I'm currently working on a guitar quintet and wanted to indicate a strummed chord (see image).

The image is a scan from Elaine Gould: Behind Bars p. 375. (The fingering - i - is not required in my case.)

My starting point was that this could be achieved by using some kind of alternative arpeggio, but so far this has not been a successful approach.

(I'm currently using version 2.16.2, but am aware that some nice stuff has been implemented in the 2.17 versions.)

Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated, maybe someone has had some experience of this!?

Regards
Peter Bjuhr