Re: Emacs integration

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs integration
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:47:16 +0200

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Currently we have a blog post in the pipeline (one of the first 'guest
> contributions') that shows how to generate sets of scales for any
> given or all pitches. Jacques uses shell scripts for that.

Well, that's one advantage of LilyPond's plain text format: you don't
_need_ to use its own scripting machinery if you prefer working with a
different scripting language.  Though just like with the C macro
preprocessor as compared to builtin C/C++ constructs, using the language
itself tends to lead to more robust and general solutions.

--
David Kastrup