Re: Emacs integration

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Emacs integration
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:51:09 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> Below is something I hacked-up to auto-create PDF-preview and
> compilation windows,

Long time ago I wrote a small tool that is run external of Emacs. It
basically fires up a PDF viewer (evince) and an editor window (Emacs)
and waits until one of a list of files (e.g., the .ly file) changes. It
fires up lilypond which generates a new PDF that will be automatically
refreshed in evince. With the help of another small tool,
point-and-click works as well.

It can be used for anything that has a defined process to produce
something. Besides LilyPond, I used it a.o. for LaTeX -> PostScript jobs.

Just in case somefinds this interesting...

-- Johan