Re: cadenzaOn

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: cadenzaOn
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 12:32:29 +0200

Eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> Martin Tarenskeen wrote
>> Why is this not working (Lilypond 2.16.2)
>>
>> \version "2.16.2"
>> \relative c' {
>>      \cadenzaOn
>>      c4 d e f g
>> }
>>
>> Processing `/home/m.tarenskeen/Dropbox/tmp/Cadenzatest.ly'
>> Parsing...
>> Interpreting music...
>> warning: cannot find or create `Timing' called `'
>> warning: cannot find or create `Timing' called `'
>> Preprocessing graphical objects...
>> Finding the ideal number of pages...
>> Fitting music on 1 page...
>> Drawing systems...
>> Layout output to `Cadenzatest.ps'...
>> Converting to `./Cadenzatest.pdf'...
>> Success: compilation successfully completed
>> Completed successfully in 0.6".
>
> hi Martin
>
> it works since version 2.17.12

Ah, right.

commit 0392d585b07e3f42cd6a30637cdfe7e2d487c4ab
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Jan 27 18:33:37 2013 +0100

    Issue 3140: Let find_create_context create Score context for Timing

    More exactly: if find_create_context finds that no score context
    exists yet, but creating one would make it find an alias of it, it
    does so.

    This is in order to let \set Timing.xxx = yyy work even in the rare
    case that the Score context with its hardwired Timing alias does not
    yet exist.

Seems that this one bothered me enough to fix it.

> the problem seems to be the initialization of a context - so putting
>
>   \new Voice or \new Staff
>
> around your code or simply adding
>
> <>
>
> before the \cadenzaOn will remedy.