Testers needed for 'lilyglyphs' package

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Testers needed for 'lilyglyphs' package
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 14:36:13 +0200

Hi all,

I'm rapidly approaching the first really public release of my 'lilyglyphs' LaTeX package.
lilyglyphs makes LilyPond's notational elements available as 'characters' in LaTeX documents. Glyphs from Emmentaler are accessed directly, everything else through small PDF files generated with LilyPond. Python scripts are available to streamline the creation of new commands.
It works with LuaLaTeX and XeLaTeX because it accesses Emmentaler's OpenType fonts.

I'm excited uploading the package to CTAN soon because I think it is a cool tool for anybody writing about music.
But I would really appreciate some feedback before the upload rather than bug reports afterwards ;-)

You can get the package at https://github.com/openlilylib/lilyglyphs by either
- forking the repository (preferred way)
- cloning the repository or
- downloading the ZIP (button on the right hand side of the screen)

For your convenience I have precompiled the latest version of the manual (because it isn't in the Git version of the package) and put it here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49478835/lilyglyphs-0-2-1-beta.pdf

The most important questions are:
  • Is it really going to work?
    (Of course it works on all of my computers, but I don't know what happens with a fresh install on different systems/OSs)
  • Is the documentation understandable, in particular regarding initial setup and basic usage?
  • Do the Python scripts work
    - correctly
    - as expected
    - corresponding to their documentation?
  • Will the overall (file) structure of the package be accepted by CTAN (and consecutively by TeX distributions)?
Of course I'd be grateful about any other comments that help improving the quality of the release.

Thanks in advance
Urs