Re: Score examples

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Score examples
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 15:59:14 +0200

Hi,

2013/9/2 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm compiling a selection of examples to show LilyPond's output quality.
> I'm aiming at a collection of ca. 5 examples (1-page excerpts) of LilyPond
> scores tweaked to publication quality and a similar number of examples of
> out-of-the-box engraving.
> The latter is intended to show that one can _work_ with default scores quite
> good, that is one can play from them and one can use them to finish an
> edition for example, without having to bother about engraving details too
> early.

github.com/janek-warchol/warsztat-nutowy/tree/master/epifania/Eja%20Mater
I believe it's close to publication quality, a good example of
lilypond at work.  As a bonus, if you clone the repository and do 'git
log epifania/Eja\ Mater/' you'll see all beautifications and
corrections in separate commits.  It should be easy to see how the
score looked at various levels of beautification.

Ah, and there's also
github.com/janek-warchol/warsztat-nutowy/blob/master/epifania/Eja%20Mater%20klarnet.ly
.

> Another goal of this collection is to show a variety of styles. Therefore I
> would be happy if you would send me (privately) examples you would share for
> that purpose.
> If I should get way too many submissions I might think of using them for a
> kind of gallery ,-)

Recently I was asked to create some simple SATB scores and the
composer said that the LilyPond font looked too heavy, so i made some
modifications to the Feta font. You can see the result here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpsi9pzu1klpcq1/Eja-Mater.pdf (warning: the
link won't be up permanently).
I can share the changes to the Feta font if someone is interested.

best,
Janek