Re: Score examples

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Score examples
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:31:01 +0200

2013/9/3 Urs Liska <address@hidden>

Are these global styles or individual tweaks?

These are globals.
They include :
- re-defind header
- line thickness (thinner)
- ledger line thickness (thinner)
- slurs and ties thickness (thinner)
- bar lines thickness (thinner)
- stem length (longer)
- beam thickness (thicker)
- grace notes (smaller global sizes)
- G clef glyph
- Tab clef glyph
- some left hand fingerings (for ex. fing. "0" which, according to me, doesn't mean anything).
hope I did not forget something...

Btw, about 2-3 years ago I had a discussion with a Finale user who was telling me that LilyPond was bad looking.
So I've created a home-made-Finale-settings (including the Finale G clef glyph) so that my Lily score looked like a Finale one.
In your article, maybe you'll have to remind this amazing customized faculty LilyPond has.

Cheers,
Pierre