Re: Feta font modifications by Janek

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Feta font modifications by Janek
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 17:40:19 +0200

Am 03.09.2013 17:36, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
2013/9/3 Peter Bjuhr <address@hidden>:
Thanks, exciting!

I haven't, but maybe now is a good time to set this up!
Definitely :)
What operating system are you using?  I can give you some help if you'd like.

A question, also related to David's answer about the distinction between
engineer-friendly and user-friendly: Do you need to change the source code
of LilyPond to make the more advanced forms of "house styles", or I'm
misunderstanding this!?
Yes, i modified the source code of LilyPond to have Lily's Feta font
look different.  It could probably be done in some other way, but as
i'm familiar with compiling lilypond (i almost never use precompiled
binaries - always built it myself) it was easier for me this way.

Just to take some of the 'horror' out of it:
It is not usually necessary to modify LilyPond's source code to create any form of style sheets. Usually you do that by overriding properties or maybe adding Scheme functions in \include files.

What Janek did was the special case of modifying the font itself - which of course goes far beyond a simple 'style'.

Urs

best,
Janek