Re: Tie over Repeat Bar

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Tie over Repeat Bar
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 20:52:15 +0200

2013/9/3 Jim Long <address@hidden>:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 10:03:33AM -0700, Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote:
>>
>> I tried \laissezVibrer. It just did not look long enough. I shall put it in
>> the score.
>

> As others have said, there is the "shape" directive.  Some time ago,
> I gleaned this function off of this list.  Put this in your code:
>
> extendLV = #(define-music-function (parser location further) (number?) #{
>      \once \override LaissezVibrerTie  #'X-extent = #'(0 . 0)
>      \once \override LaissezVibrerTie  #'details #'note-head-gap = #(/
> further -2)
>      \once \override LaissezVibrerTie  #'extra-offset = #(cons (/ further 2)
> 0)
> #})
>

> Then in your music, write:
>
>   \extendLV #3 ees \laissezVibrer
>
> and adjust '#3' to suit your needs.

Hi,

you may be intested in the attached files, written some weeks ago.

There I define 'affect-LaissezVibrerTies', which offers the
possibility to tweak the beginning of a single LaisserVibrerTie even
in a chord.
Once I'll find the time I'll generalize it to use it with all kind of
curves. Should not be very hard.
Perhaps there might be some way to extend the functionality and
combine it with the great \shape by David Nalesnik.

Also, a file to display contol-points is included.

@Urs
This is a modified version of the former one. What do you think?

HTH,
  Harm