Re: Score examples

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Score examples
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:23:41 +0200

hi urs,

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm compiling a selection of examples to show LilyPond's output quality.
I'm aiming at a collection of ca. 5 examples (1-page excerpts) of LilyPond scores tweaked to publication quality and a similar number of examples of out-of-the-box engraving.
The latter is intended to show that one can _work_ with default scores quite good, that is one can play from them and one can use them to finish an edition for example, without having to bother about engraving details too early.

Another goal of this collection is to show a variety of styles. Therefore I would be happy if you would send me (privately) examples you would share for that purpose.
If I should get way too many submissions I might think of using them for a kind of gallery ,-)

If it's 'publication quality' it should of course be as beautiful as possible.
If it's out-of-the-box it should of course _be_ untweaked. It may well have deficiencies but should show the superior legibility of all LilyPond scores.
I would also call it out-of-the-box if there is a general 'house' style sheet applied. Maybe I'll have a third group with such examples.

publication quality (i think): http://nota.bailey.at/achtsamkeit.pdf

following tweaks:
- pedal symbols have been shifted slightly to give a more pleasing layout  (self-alignment #LEFT and X-offset #-1.2) [*]
- ottava symbols redefined to be bold italic [*]
- some padding on the RehearsalMarks for segno, coda, d.s. and Coda title. [*]
- baseline-skip in the tempo mark
- pango-font-tree uses Cronos and Kepler through typekit font sync [*]
- titling-layout has been changed a LOT to conform to my house style [*]
- \override StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #10

[*] -- these are all defined in a house include file with a lot of other definitions.

regards,
sb