Re: Feta font modifications by Janek

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Feta font modifications by Janek
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 20:16:01 +0200

2013/9/4 Peter Bjuhr <address@hidden>:
> Is this what I need to do next to get the remote branches?

If you just want to build these branches with my script you shouldn't
have to do anything.

> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/working-with-remote-branches

Oh my God!  This looks awful, and is probably meant for ancient Git
versions (like 1.7.0).  Ugh.  We should update that instructions...

With new git versions (1.8 and above), you can just do 'git checkout
origin/blahblah' and a local 'blahblah' branch will be created
automatically for you (and checked-out).

If you'd like to give your local branch a specific name, you can run
'git branch myname remotebranch', i.e. 'git branch foo origin/trololo'
will create a local branch 'foo' that will be tracking branch
'trololo' from remote 'origin'.

hth,
Janek