Re: Feta font modifications by Janek

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Feta font modifications by Janek
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 23:55:04 +1000

A clarification re Adobe Multiple Masters font technology. This predated OpenType, and such fonts are no longer offered and are discontinued. I omitted to mention that OpenType does not support the parameterization concept of MM, and so OT is not an evolution of MM. This is generally because MM was seen by typographers as not being excellent in terms of the art of type design, with all sorts of distorted faces being possible. It's related to the way in which type designers cut italics specially, and do not simply slant roman faces to make oblique forms. I think that's the main reason why it died out.

Andrew