Re: can I set panning in midi

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: can I set panning in midi
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 11:06:33 +0200 (CEST)

Colin Campell:
> On 13-09-05 04:50 PM, Karl Hammar wrote:
> > Producing exercise sound files for the choir, they basically wants
> > mp3's or something similar. I have tried ogg but their systems kind
> > of not understands that.
> >
> > I'd like to have e.g. basses at left, tenors mid left, altos mid right
> > and sopranos at right, to make each voice easier to hear and follow.
> >
> Attached is a template I use for a Gospel quartet, Karl. It produces a
> master score, scores for each part with their voice isolated, and
> corresponding MIDI files, again with each voice set a bit louder than
> the other three. I can also use timidity to convert the MIDI files to
> .mp3 for those who need that format.

That could be a way to proceed, I just wanted a *single* file to
mitigate confusion and clutter.

///

My results so far is in:

http://turkos.aspodata.se/motett/c_saint_saens/

and

git clone git://turkos.aspodata.se/musik.git

I did the mp3 by

makeing a sound file for each track
 timidity -OwM -o 2b_choer.b.wav --mute=1,2,3 2b_choer.midi

importing the files into ardour, aligning, setting pan, export to wav

makeing mp3 with
 lame  2b_choer.all.wav

Well, kindof tedious but workable.

Regards,