Re: Ottava collision with bar line

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Ottava collision with bar line
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 13:49:34 +0200

2013/9/6 David Bellows <address@hidden>

Your first option works nicely but the spanner part of the symbol
stretches too far. Now that I see the syntax of what I'm looking for I
will try to figure that one out but if you, or anyone else, knows the
solution to that I would be appreciative.

See :  http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/internals/ottavabracket

Foe ex.

 \once\override Staff.OttavaBracket.extra-offset = #'(0.4 . 0)

 \once\override Staff.OttavaBracket.minimum-length = #0.1

Should work.

 It also would require me to notate the
pitches an octave lower (and then raise them again in a MIDI editor to
get the sound I want).

Sorry David, I don't understand what you want to do there.

Cheers
Pierre