Re: Project Completed(-ish): 120 R.H. Studies by Giuliani

From: Mike Blackstock
Subject: Re: Project Completed(-ish): 120 R.H. Studies by Giuliani
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 15:01:15 -0400

Wow, Terrific. I put them at http://www.omet.ca/scores/Mike_Blackstock_2/Giuliani_Mauro/120/120-B.html for reference - I hope that's ok (let me know if not and I'll take them down)

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Kale Good <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,
I haven't had a chance to do a serious proof read of this yet; I wanted to do it today but some other work came up, so I'm sending it out more than a little unfinished. All the notes and fingerings are there (or should be), but I haven't tweaked layout at all yet. This is my first big project, so feedback is very helpful. I do have some explicit questions:

1. Is there a way to get the time signature to print on ever line and to place it inside of the repeat bracket with my current score structure?
2. Getting spacing right (bar lines line up for each exercise): my unimplemented strategy is to put a voice in it with the "proper" spacing and make it transparent. A few minutes of mucking around making me wonder if this will work. Will it, and/or any better ideas?
3. Can I do a second row of fingerings somehow? I'd like to show "editor's suggestions" alternate fingerings.
4. Vertical spacing and beam slope & height recommendations? I'm still developing my eye for this sort of thing. The first page looks like it could be a little tighter, as do a few other spots.

Thanks for the support.

Best,
Kale

--
Kale Good: Guitar Instructor
phillyguitarlessons.com

Google+
Facebook

Read my article "
The Seven Secrets to Six String Success" at GuitarNoise.com
Leading the Journey from No-Skills-Guitarist to Talented Musician!