Re: Double slurs on automatic part combining

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Double slurs on automatic part combining
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 18:23:38 -0400

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Carl Peterson <address@hidden> wrote:
So getting back to this, I had somewhat a stroke of inspiration, but I can't find in the documentation whether this is possible. Is it possible to define a global context for all voice "one"s and all voice "two"s? In other words, the thought I had (and I'm thinking about the CSS ability to define both element and id-level properties) is to set double-slurs as the default at the \layout block level, then specify single slurs for the named split voices.

Answered my own question.

Yes, it is possible. What I did to accomplish this was use doubleSlurs = ##t in the Voice context layout block. Then, I explicitly created Voice = "one" and Voice = "two" with doubleSlurs = ##f and slurs in the correct directions. Beautiful, and no Scheme manipulation required.