Re: Double slurs on automatic part combining

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Double slurs on automatic part combining
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 18:08:58 -0700 (PDT)

Karl Hammar wrote:
> Not so fast,
> \\ is a pain with vocal music, we want a explicit voice
> name for \lyricsto

see below

Carl Peterson wrote:

> Yes. The template I'm using is actually fairly robust.
> I've moved as many of the tweaks and customizations (such
> as autobeaming and shaped notes) to the layout block as
> possible, even to the point of creating aliased contexts
> to allow for alternate lyrics and for hidden voices so
> that each part can be a \lyricsto target.

Karl and Carl (and other choral typesetters),

I've added a new context to the source code called
"NullVoice" which is designed exactly for this purpose.
It's not yet available as a release, but you can get it by
replacing your installed copy of ly/engraver-init.ly with:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob_plain;f=ly/engraver-init.ly;hb=df8a24

The documentation is not yet online, but if you can read
through the texinfo code, you can learn about it here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commitdiff;h=2537ec#patch2

I'd actually appreciate if you and the other choral
typesetters test this out now, in case I've missed
something, or if you have any suggestions for improvement.

Thanks.
- Mark