Re: midi doesn't work with custom Voice contexts

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: midi doesn't work with custom Voice contexts
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 12:40:22 +0200

2013/9/7 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>> Ah, i understand!  Now
>> (http://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/commit/55a80652dc0da9506edb4826d4def58f3a34f145)
>> the file compiles, but there is no sound output, as if no
>> midiInstrument was specified.  Can you look at
>> http://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/55a80652dc0da95/templates/predefined-instruments
>> and tell me what's wrong?
>
> You explicitly override the setting inherited from \Staff with
>
> \type "Engraver_group"
>
> telling LilyPond to wire up this context for use with engravers, making
> it see and distribute grobs.  Which is not particularly helpful with
> \midi output.
>
> Specifying \type rarely makes sense when not defining a context from
> scratch but inheriting from some existing definition.

Aah, it works now:
http://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/commit/a1af2e776d0018d9db9a278d6f3d26dff056ae8d
I've misunderstood
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/defining-new-contexts
see http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3535

thanks!
Janek

PS I'm using your emails as descriptions and explanations in my commit
messages, i hope you're fine with that.