Re: Project Completed(-ish): 120 R.H. Studies by Giuliani

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Project Completed(-ish): 120 R.H. Studies by Giuliani
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 13:00:06 +0200

On 06/09/13 17:26, Kale Good wrote:
Hello all,
I haven't had a chance to do a serious proof read of this yet; I wanted to do it
today but some other work came up, so I'm sending it out more than a little
unfinished. All the notes and fingerings are there (or should be), but I haven't
tweaked layout at all yet. This is my first big project, so feedback is very
helpful.

Seems to be an issue with stem lengths in various places e.g. No. 18 bar 2, the stems of the higher notes in the chords do not descend all the way to the stem of the lowest note.

Similar things occur in Nos. 23, 36, 42-44, 48-50, 66, 70, and 73-80 (these are the ones I spotted, there may be others).

This trick of doing the higher notes in a separate voice with long stem also seems to backfire on screen reading as sometimes it looks like the stem of the upper notes is fatter than the lower ones, or offset horizontally (even though on zooming in, this isn't the case).