Re: Beam groupings

From: Rachael Thomas Carlson
Subject: Re: Beam groupings
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 19:58:07 -0500

Hello Ed:

On 09/07/2013 07:38 PM, EdBeesley wrote:
Thanks Andrew I was going to do that but the whole part I'm writing has
the same beaming pattern throughout, so to keep it tidy I was hoping to
avoid doing it manually for every bar. And I figured I might as well try
and understand how it works now rather than later!

The relevant section of the manual is:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/beams#setting-automatic-beam-behavior

subsection: "beaming based on baseMoment and beatStructure"

from the manual: "If a common time signature is being used, beamExceptions must be disabled to enable beatStructure to work. The \set Timing.beamExceptions = #'() command can always be included if beaming is being determined by beatStructure. "

I responded earlier with the code to automatically change the beaming structure. I jumped at the opportunity to assist with this list as it has been so very helpful to me in the past.

Rachael