announcement: OpenLilyLib Snippet Repository is open!

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: announcement: OpenLilyLib Snippet Repository is open!
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 16:07:33 +0200

Hi all,

following a discussion about LSR and its limitations (e.g. problems
with snippets written for development versions of LilyPond), I've
created a new place to store useful pieces of LilyPond code:

http://github.com/openlilylib/snippets (scroll down to see description)

Note that this is *not* intended as a competition to LSR.  The goal is
to have some place where we could store (and collaborate on!) snippets
that cannot be added to LSR.  It may also become a place to
collaborate on functions and features that would later be added to
LilyPond.

This is a Git repository, but don't worry - it's not difficult to use
it!  Code can be easily contributed using GitHub's web interface, see
instructions here:
http://github.com/openlilylib/snippets#contributing

There aren't many snippets there yet, so i invite you to contribute -
i don't require that the snippets you send are written perfectly.

Currently two projects are being developed there that i think are
worth looking at:
http://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/templates/predefined-instruments
http://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/blob/master/notation-snippets/display-slur-control-points.ly

cheers,