Re: LilyPond and ConTeXt

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: LilyPond and ConTeXt
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 08:18:57 -0700

Henning Hraban Ramm <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 2013-09-06 um 23:12 schrieb David Rogers <address@hidden>:
>
>> Hello
>> There have been several methods in the history of LilyPond for
>> integrating LilyPond scores with ConTeXt documents (ConTeXt is a newer
>> more-flexible system somewhat analogous to LaTeX).
>>
>> Right now, which is the best choice for putting ConTeXt and LilyPond
>> together? (Your answer might be "Don't bother, just use LaTeX", if you
>> have a good reason for saying that.)
>

> Hi David,
>
> I’m the one behind the previous lilypond module for ConTeXt and the current
> LilyPond filter suggestion.
> For me, it works great (besides the usual layout problems with TeX).
>
> I guess the matter is, what are you planning to do?
> I’m typesetting songbooks.

I'd like to be able to make a teaching book for piano students - short
pieces with comments and explanations in between, with the ability to
have section or chapter headings and other types of headings as well,
and easy control over page-breaking (both within the music and between
the pieces) would be nice. Shouldn't be more difficult than a songbook,
I would think - perhaps even less, because there are fewer lines of
lyrics.

--
Thanks
David