Re: Rehearsal mark alignment change from 2.16 to 2.17

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Rehearsal mark alignment change from 2.16 to 2.17
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 03:51:59 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Long <lilypond <at> umpquanet.com> writes:

> 2.16.2 centers each mark over its alignment symbol (the clef and
> the barline, respectively).
>
> But in 2.17.26, the first mark is left-aligned with the
> centerline of the clef, while the second mark is center-aligned
> over the barline.
>
> Is this intentional, or a mild bug?

It was intentional.  There is a reported bug about rehearsal marks
with lots of evidence that rehearsal marks traditionally go right of the
clef (and key signature if there is one) so I moved the default alignment
point of the clef to its right edge.  I am still trying to get the docu-
mentation all updated.

The change was to the 'break-anchor-alignment' setting of a Clef, so you
can override it as you like in your scores.

Is there something traditionally placed centered above the clef, that be
reason to reconsider the default behavior.