Re: midi doesn't work with custom Voice contexts

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: midi doesn't work with custom Voice contexts
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 02:28:50 +0200

2013/9/10 Paul Morris <address@hidden>:
> Hi David,
>

> David Nalesnik-2 wrote
>> I've never been able to edit my snippets after they have been approved.
>> What you can do is post a new snippet: copy the old one, change it, and
>> give it a title like "Defining a Custom Staff Context [corrected]."  The
>> person who reviews it will then replace the old one.
>
> Ah, right!  I had forgotten that.  Thanks for the reminder.  I just uploaded
> the improved version here:
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=888
>
> Thanks again!
> -Paul

Hi,

I had a look at your code and did some experiments.

I was very surprised that the following seems to work (outputting pdf and midi)

myL =
\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \name MyCustomStaff
    \alias Staff
    \consists "Pitch_squash_engraver"
    squashedPosition = #0
    \override NoteHead #'style = #'slash
    \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
    \override Flag #'transparent = ##t
  }
  \context { \Score \accepts MyCustomStaff }
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {