Re: Skip to Specific Bar

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Skip to Specific Bar
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 22:17:08 +0200

> Hi all,
>
>> What Kieren mentioned is new to me too and I would be curious see, how one
>> can use these commands in a context You've mentioned.
>
> The idea is as seen in the snippet, below, where certain music is added "at
> the coda", using tags.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work.
> David K: What do I need to change in this snippet to get it to work as
> expected?

Quoting the manual:

   Sometimes you want to splice some music at a particular place in an
existing music expression.  You can use `\pushToTag' and `\appendToTag'
for adding material at the front or end of the `elements' of an
existing music construct.  Not every music construct has `elements',
but sequential and simultaneous music are safe bets:

> global = {
>   \tag #'intro
>     \time 4/4 s1*3
>     \time 3/4 s4*3
>   \tag #'verse
>     \time 5/4 s4*5*12
>   \tag #'bridge
>     s4*5
>     \time 4/4 s1
>   \tag #'coda
>     \time 2/2 s1*9
>   \bar "|."
> }

But you don't tag sequential or simultaneous music here, but rather
\time statements.

Writing \tag #'code << \time 2/2 >>
is likely what you intend here.

--