Re: Overall (global) resizing difficulties

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Overall (global) resizing difficulties
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 23:43:59 +0100

Patrick or Cynthia Karl wrote Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:11 PM

> Does anyone not agree with me that layout-set-staff-size is nonsensical and
> nonworking?  And that the documentation should document exactly what it does?
>  and how the "staff size" can be changed without changing the distance
> between staff lines?  (I feel like I'm in a Kafka novel here.)

I've not been following this thread, but I think layout-set-staff-size is not
useful here.
(I can't see what it does either.)

Have you looked at
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/distances-and-measurements
This explains how to change the staff-size locally, and how magstep is invoked
make a corresponding change to the font.

Trevor