Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Portfile for Frescobaldi on Mac

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Portfile for Frescobaldi on Mac
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:22:37 +0200

Dear Tim,

2013/9/11 Tim McNamara <address@hidden>:
> The choice of Poppler is highly problematic on the Mac for some reason.

Why do you think so?

Yes, manually installing all dependencies of Poppler and
python-poppler-qt4 can be a pain.
But MacPorts provides Poppler since long time, and now, with my
Portfiles, also python-poppler-qt4 and frescobaldi can be installed
through MacPorts with just a couple of commands.

> I wonder if it is possible to rejigger this to use Preview as the engine for
> displaying PDFs.  I would have no idea how to do that...

Neither would I.
But I don't think it is worth the effort (also because it would mean a
lot more platform-specific code).

Best wishes.
Davide