Windows registry, Python, and LilyPond

From: Frederick Bartlett
Subject: Windows registry, Python, and LilyPond
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 09:32:56 -0400

All,

I just installed LilyPond on a new laptop (same OS -- Windows 7 -- as before), but this time the registry entry HKCR\Python\shell\open\command\(Default), which is set to C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\python.exe ...., interferes with my path to my Python installation in C:\Python27.

There seem to have been problems regarding the registry in the past, but not exactly like the one I've encountered ... does anyone have handy info on how to convince Windows to let LilyPond run its own python while everything else runs my python?

Thanks!
Fred

--
“To my knowledge I have no knowledge.” -- John Kerry, the Secretary of State of the United States of America, in response to Senator Barbara Boxer, 3 Sep 2013