Re: Windows registry, Python, and LilyPond

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Windows registry, Python, and LilyPond
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 15:49:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hilary Snaden wrote
> On 2013-09-12 14:32, Frederick Bartlett wrote:
>
>> There seem to have been problems regarding the registry in the past, but
>> not exactly like the one I've encountered ... does anyone have handy info
>> on how to convince Windows to let LilyPond run its own python while
>> everything else runs my python?
>
> Nearly two years ago I wrote to this list commenting about major
> problems (including registry residue) resulting from trying to run
> Python 2, Python 3 and Lilypond on the same Windoze box.
>> which contribution do you mean exactly?
> Since switching to GNU/Linux they've all got on just fine. Switching to
> GNU/Linux is one of the best things I've ever done with a computer.

I'm glad you found your remedial…

I've never encountered such problems!

I just installed python 3.3.2 and run convert-ly.py from the command-line -
perfect!

running python from a command line displays

Python 3.3.2 …

of course LilyPond uses its own version (there are several ways to do this)

where is a dozing problem?

Eluze