Re: Windows registry, Python, and LilyPond

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Windows registry, Python, and LilyPond
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:22:28 +0200

Frederick Bartlett writes:

> I think what I'm looking for is a Windows installation whereby LilyPond's
> python scripts are run by its own python.exe, while all other python scripts
> are run by the system's python.
>
> This is likely not possible under Windows. *sigh*

What if all our python scripts were named .pylily (or .pyly whatever)
and bind .pylily to LilyPond's python.  Wouldn't that work?

However, I think we should strive to have python-version-independent
python scripts, that should be doable too.  See the TODO in GUB
and the actual code for a list of tricks needed to support python2+3.

    https://github.com/janneke/gub/blob/master/TODO

Greetings, Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl