Re: Problem with hemiola notation

From: Alan McConnell
Subject: Re: Problem with hemiola notation
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:20:57 -0400

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:32:25AM +0200, Thomas Morley wrote:
> 2013/9/15 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
>
> > Hi Alan,
> >
> > I've got the image, thanks.
> > Now it's clear what you deserve.
        "What I deserve"?  Whipping?  Methinks thou art getting
        Shakespearian, as befits your nom de plume<g>.

> > I know no way to let LilyPond checking bars without complain for code like:
> > \relative c' { \time 3/4 c4. d8 bes4. | a8 a4. g8 | }
> > Even if you use the "Completion_heads_engraver".
         It is very possible that the compiler issued some warnings.
         I didn't pay attention; I looked for the "successfully
         completed" message, and then refreshed the .ps,

         I have let my eye run over your two solutions, and I am
         totally awed and bowled over.  I notice your tons of guile,
         which is very impressive.  Although I am somewhat familiar
         with LISP, I have only used guile in a couple of spots
         in my sorties into LIlypond.   So I shall do some more
         reading and experimenting.

         I have already remarked: the string players who have
         played my parts as I set them -- bad bar checking and
         all -- didn't seem to have difficulty; they were more
         startled than anything else.  Which leads me to another
         thought:  is it possible to delete _one_ bar line?
         My thought(please excuse again the rough code indication,
         for which I have been chastised several times!):  what
         about
               |ees4 d c | c4. d8 bes4. \delete{|} a8 a4. g8 | g2 r4 | ?
         This would be extremely unkosher -- I know nowhere where
         this is done -- but I think it would be readable.  I
         would like to try it on my LA friends and on my own 4tet.

         Is it easy to implement such a \delete function, as
         implemented above?  I would want the spacing to be
         just as if the barline were there . . .

All thoughts/ideas/implementations welcome!

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
    An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it.