Re: Handicapped barcheck message in Lilypond version 2.17.26-1

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Handicapped barcheck message in Lilypond version 2.17.26-1
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:12:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I don't quite understand. The bar check failed because it's in the wrong
place, isn't it?

Since LilyPond assumes 4/4 time by default (and since you didn't include any
meter manually), the bar should be between the F and G, right? That would be
4/4 time.

LilyPond is expecting 4/4 common time, and so that bar symbol is causing the
problem in the log I believe.

I'm a bit confused. Can you clarify the issue a bit more? Am I missing
something else?

I believe the bar check log message is correct because the "|" was not
placed in the correct spot in the code.

Thanks,
Ben

Wim van Dommelen-4 wrote
> I downloaded the newest version (2.17.26) today and saw a strange
> message converning barcheck. It lost the
>
> This sample code:
>
>       \version "2.17.26"
>
>       \relative f {
>               c'4 d | e f g a b c
>       }
>
> produces this error:
>
>       GNU LilyPond 2.17.26
>       Processing `test-barcheck.ly'
>       Parsing...
>       Interpreting music...
>       test-barcheck.ly:4:13: warning: barcheck failed at: 0/0
>               c'4
>                   d | e f g a b c
>       Preprocessing graphical objects...
>       Finding the ideal number of pages...
>       Fitting music on 1 page...
>       Drawing systems...
>       Layout output to `test-barcheck.ps'...
>       Converting to `./test-barcheck.pdf'...
>       Success: compilation successfully completed
>
> The ouput looks OK, but in the last stable the message will refer to
> "1/2" instead of "0/0" as it used to be.
>
> An entry for the bug-list?
>
> Regards,
> Wim.

-----