Re: Problem with hemiola notation

From: Alan McConnell
Subject: Re: Problem with hemiola notation
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:45:48 -0400

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 04:33:39PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:

> >My thought(please excuse again the rough code indication,
> >for which I have been chastised several times!):  what
> >about
> >       |ees4 d c | c4. d8 bes4. \delete{|} a8 a4. g8 | g2 r4 | ?
> >This would be extremely unkosher -- I know nowhere where
> >this is done -- but I think it would be readable.  I
> >would like to try it on my LA friends and on my own 4tet.
> >
> >Is it easy to implement such a \delete function, as
> >implemented above?  I would want the spacing to be
> >just as if the barline were there . . .
> >
> >All thoughts/ideas/implementations welcome!
>
> Remember that | is _not_ a bar line, it's a bar check.  Does the
> following illustrate how you could do this?
>
> \relative c'' { c1 | c \bar "" c c | c }
            Alas, no.  I played with the \bar command and put in
            some fancy stuff.  But, peculiarly enough, the original
            bar line, mandated I guess by my 3/4 key signature, is
            not replaced.  It is still implacably there!

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
    An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it.