Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Portfile for Frescobaldi on Mac (Wilbert Berendsen)

From: pls
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Portfile for Frescobaldi on Mac (Wilbert Berendsen)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:51:11 +0200

On 18.09.2013, at 04:42, Guy Stalnaker <address@hidden> wrote:

Davide,

Success!! I followed your guide for uninstalling and reinstalling and it all now works!

Thank you very much for your continued help and guidance. And for the Frescobaldi port!
+1

Best regards,

Guy

Guy Stalnaker
address@hidden

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Davide Liessi <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Guy,

2013/9/17 Guy Stalnaker <address@hidden>:
> Thank you for this explanatory reply. I'm one of those people who actually appreciates them :-)

I'm glad to hear this.
Also this message is a bit long... :)

> In your reply you mention rebuilding popplerqt4.  How is that done?

The easiest way to rebuild a port is "sudo port -f uninstall portname"
followed by "sudo port install portname".
The "-f" flag is necessary if the port is a dependency of another
port, as in this case.
If you want to rebuild all ports that may be involved in this issue, try this:

$ sudo port -f uninstall py27-python-poppler-qt4
$ sudo port -f uninstall py27-pyqt4
$ sudo port -f uninstall py27-sip
$ sudo port -f uninstall poppler
$ sudo port -f uninstall frescobaldi
$ sudo port -f uninstall frescobaldi-devel

Maybe you have multiple versions of these ports installed (previous
deactivated versions).
In this case MacPorts will report an error, asking to specify exactly
which port you want to uninstall.
E.g. let's say that you have this situation:

$ port installed name:sip
  py27-sip @4.15.1_0
  py27-sip @4.15.2_0 (active)

MacPorts will report this:

$ sudo port -f uninstall py27-sip
--->  The following versions of py27-sip are currently installed:
--->      py27-sip @4.15.1_0
--->      py27-sip @4.15.2_0 (active)
Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the full
version as recorded in the port registry.

In this case you actually want to uninstall only the active version,
so you will reissue the uninstall command specifying the version:

$ sudo port -f uninstall py27-sip @4.15.2_0

Do this for each port that has multiple versions.

After you have successfully uninstalled all those ports, install
poppler with the requested variants:

$ sudo port install poppler +qt4 +quartz

Then you can install Frescobaldi again with
$ sudo port install frescobaldi
or
$ sudo port install frescobaldi-devel
or
$ sudo port install frescobaldi-devel +app
This will make MacPorts reinstall also Frescobaldi's dependencies.

Technically it is not necessary to uninstall Frescobaldi and reinstall
it, nor to uninstall each of these ports, but this is the simplest way
to achieve what we want.

Let me know what happens.

Best wishes.
Davide