Re: Changes to VoltaBracket Y-extent interface since 2.16?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Changes to VoltaBracket Y-extent interface since 2.16?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 03:04:38 -0700

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 23:36:46 -0700, Jim Long <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 01:00:16AM +0000, Keith OHara wrote:

The announcement of the change is at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/changes/index.html

Also noted, thanks again.  Here's why I was tweaking voltas to
begin with....

It looks like you want things to fit around the outline of the ChordName,
so in your \context ChordNames try
 \override ChordName #'vertical-skylines
      = #grob::always-vertical-skylines-from-stencil

We probably should have this by default.

I argued against using the skylines for text, because I don't like the stems of notes
poking in between letters
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3207>, but since those gaps
are no longer entered, there will probably be no problem using skylines for the
ChordName,