Re: Lyric separator

From: Benjamin Bloomfield
Subject: Re: Lyric separator
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:08:39 -0400

I think this is perfect, except that it only appears at the beginning of the first system.  Is there any way to get Lilypond to add the same markup to the first syllable of each subsequent system?

Thanks again,

Benjamin Bloomfield

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Benjamin,

> My apologies.  I am working with someone else on this, and I thought that was what he wanted, but after he saw this, it became clear that what he actually wanted was for these lines to only be visible at the beginning of each system, just above/below the first word or so.  You can see his example image here.
>
> Does anyone have any insights or ideas into how I might accomplish this?

That's much easier:

\version "2.16.2"

someMusic = \repeat "unfold" 100 c'4

verseI = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = "1."
  \repeat "unfold" 100 a
}

verseII = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = \markup \combine "2." \translate #'(1.6 . -0.5) \draw-line #'(-4 . 0)
  \repeat "unfold" 100 b
}

verseIII = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = "3."